Friday, January 23, 2009

Barcelona January 2009

EF College Break (EFCB) Campus Manager Convention this week in Barcelona, Spain! All of my life I've been dreaming of traveling anywhere and everywhere and it's finally coming true! Each morning that I wake up I am baffled and almost need to pinch myself to make sure that it's real.

Barcelona was fantastic! I was so glad to get the opportunity to experience it! Everything from the moment I stepped out and onto the bus to the hotel to the very last glance at the amazing city was wonderful!

But let me back up to the beginning...
I was traveling to Barcelona for a convention with EFCB -- the great thing I thought at first was that we only had one "meeting" day, the rest would be fun days.

When I got my confirmation that I qualified for a slot in convention I was brought to tears of excitement and the months leading up to departure were grueling with my excitement and anxiousness building everyday.

Preparing to go to Barcelona turned out to be nothing short of a nightmare. With all my responsibilities at my other job, it was extremely difficult for me to get much done - it's not that they can't live without me for a week but my extended vacation in South Carolina put me away from work for more than 3 weeks! Making it difficult to not only prep/cover my responsibilities but earn enough money to cover myself, "spending and bill wise."

So after about 4 weeks of working 40 plus hour weeks I was finally able to get on the plane and get on my way to Barcelona.

After a 6 hour flight on a crowded plane, I landed in New York for my layover. I had arrived 3 hours before departure and upon arriving at my gate there were only about 2 people sitting and waiting and neither of them looked like they belonged with EFCB -- so, I went to grab some lunch and make my last minute farewell phone calls to my friends and family before heading back to the gate.

I was supposed to be flying with a few other Campus Managers (CM) from JFK to BCN but had no idea if anyone there belonged with EFCB so I sat down and began to wait. Luckily about 5 minutes later a girl came up and asked another girl if she worked for EFCB - I looked up and responded that I did also, and we all laughed a little cause it turns out I was sitting next Jane, another CM for EFCB, thank goodness for Hazel introducing herself because we may have not known until we arrived in Spain had she not took the chance and spoke up. Eventually a few more girls showed up and we all were getting excited about the trip. Hazel, Jane, Danielle, Amber and myself loaded the plane and met Betsy and Chris on there. After a long flight we finally landed in Barcelona!!!!

**To be continued...**

No comments:

Post a Comment